[C++-sig] Can boost_python dll be delay loaded?

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EU.NEC.COM
Fri Jul 30 09:22:47 CEST 2010

Hi Niall

> > > Wouldn't using an embedded manifest to specify a non-default DLL
> location be much easier?

Thanks for your reply. I have now succeeded in creating a manifest file for an assembly that includes the boost_python dll's. But I don't understand how to specify a non-default location for the assembly using that manifest. I believe this is done using 'probing' in Windows 7 but I think that is unsupported in XP.

So maybe I shall have to use delayed loading after all. Which brings me back to my original question, has anyone succeeded in delay loading boost_python under Visual C++?

Best regards

David