[C++-sig] Can boost_python dll be delay loaded?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 20:38:28 CEST 2010

> Your best bet it would seem now is to have PATH

> modified on app install, but that is a very lazy way out and is
> indeed banned in lots of corporate environments.

I solved this problem via a small launcher executable. It is just like
a small .bat file which sets PATH and PYTHONPATH before launching the
actual application. Only cmd.exe makes a mess passing through command-line
arguments with spaces, therefore I resorted to this:

http://cctbx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cctbx/trunk/libtbx/windows_dispatcher.c?revision=11155&view=markup

This is compiled once (windows_dispatcher.exe, in the same svn).
A Python script makes copies and replaces the placeholders for the
path names with the actual path names.

Ralf