[C++-sig] Trouble converting data from numpy.array to c++

QUILLET Jean-Charles jean-charles.quillet at alyotech.fr
Tue May 11 11:32:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've got this problem I cannot solve. I've a c++ application from which I create an array sending to python this string:

anArray = numpy.array((1, 2, 3))

After extracting the symbol "anArray" from the directory in a boost::python::object, I'm trying to extract the values in C++:

int val = bp::extract<int>(anArray[0]);

It doesn't work and raise the error:

"TypeError: No registered converter was able to produce a C++ rvalue of type int from this Python object of type numpy.int32"

What is going on ? I'm using python 2.6, last version of Numpy 1.4.1 with boost 1.38 on Linux. Looking on the list, it seems that someone had this very problem but he didn't get any answer.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.c++/11279/match=typeerror+no+registered+converter+able+produce+c%2b%2b+rvalue+type+int+python+object+numpy+int32

Hopefully I'll have more chance !

Any idea greatly appreciated,

Jean-Charles