[C++-sig] No to_python (by-value) converter found for C++ type

Jim Bosch talljimbo at gmail.com
Tue May 25 07:23:54 CEST 2010

On 05/24/2010 09:03 PM, vishal bayskar wrote:
> After some analysis I found, in my case python bindings generated contains
> line:
> typedef bp::class_<  CallResult<  Simple>, boost::noncopyable>
> CallResult_less__Simple__greater__exposer_t;
> I could not understand why boost::noncopyable is added as an extra template
> parameter and this seems to be be
> culprit in my case.

It definitely is the culprit.  The error you see is Boost.Python doing
exactly what the code generator told it to do.

> I don't think my class contains object of any class which is derived from
> boost::noncopyable.
>
> Can you please suggest, what I am missing in this case?
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28664090/structEx.tar.gz structEx.tar.gz

I didn't see anything attached to your email, and my tar doesn't like
what's at the link above.  I'm not sure whatever binding generator
you're using (Py++?) uses to determine whether to thrown noncopyable in,
there, but I suspect it would do so if you don't have a public copy
constructor defined available, even if you didn't use boost::noncopyable
to get rid of it.

Maybe you can try posting the example again?

Jim Bosch