[C++-sig] No to_python (by-value) converter found for C++ type

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Tue May 25 07:53:43 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM, vishal bayskar
<vishal.bayskar at nechclst.in> wrote:

>>I didn't see anything attached to your email, and my tar doesn't like
>>what's at the link above.  I'm not sure whatever binding generator
>>you're using (Py++?) uses to determine whether to thrown noncopyable in,
>>there, but I suspect it would do so if you don't have a public copy
>>constructor defined available, even if you didn't use boost::noncopyable
>>to get rid of it.
>
>>Maybe you can try posting the example again?
>
> zip file is attached below
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28664525/structEx.zip structEx.zip
>
> I am also attaching important files
> structEx.cpp
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28664525/structEx.cpp structEx.cpp
>
> ex.py
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28664525/ex.py ex.py
>
> I have used py++ (latest version) for code generation

Please post a small and complete code directly to the mailing list.

Did you try to remove "noncopyable" from the generated code? If so
what happened?

If you think, that py++ wrong, you can always override its decision:

mb = module_builder_t( ... )
mb.class_(...).noncopyable = False

HTH

--