[C++-sig] 2 "using python" declarations in user-config.jam not working

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Nov 5 15:42:16 CET 2010

I can't get boost.build configured for 2 different python versions, of
which one is a debug build. I follow the instructions here:

My user-config.jam has entries like this
# default python - this picks up a standard Ubuntu 2.6 install
using python ;

# debug python build - this picks up my debug build from source
using python : 2.7 : /home/john/local/python-dbg/bin/python2.7
         : <python-debugging>on

Unfortunately when I build my project
bjam -q -j3 debug

which is configured thus:
project Proj
	: requirements
	: usage-requirements
	: default-build debug

It uses a boost.python built against the default python. This
libboost_python.so.1.44.0 has an undefined symbol

If I comment out the line in user-config.jam
using python ;

so that all my builds use the debug 2.7 python it works ok but
presumably then I have a problem with release builds.

This looks like a bug to me. How am I supposed to configure this in