[C++-sig] boost.python and distutils

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 12:43:44 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

On 26/10/10 15:12, Andreas Kloeckner wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I've done distutils+Boost.Python for years now, without any issue. See
> here for code examples:
>
> - http://git.tiker.net/pyopencl.git
> - http://git.tiker.net/pyublas.git
> - http://git.tiker.net/pycuda.git

After following the getting started instructions
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#easy-build-and-install

I found I had to change the aksetup_helper.py module slightly as there
was no 'gcc43-mt' in the boost library filenames:

class BoostLibraries(Libraries):
     def __init__(self, lib_base_name):
         Libraries.__init__(self, "BOOST_%s" % lib_base_name.upper(),
                 #["boost_%s-${BOOST_COMPILER}-mt" % lib_base_name],
                 ["boost_%s" % lib_base_name],
                 help="Library names for Boost C++ %s library (without
lib or .so)"
                     % humanize(lib_base_name))

Did you write aksetup or is it a third party thing? Do you know why the
library names are different?

Thanks for your help it is extremely useful,
John.