[C++-sig] Abstract class instances to-python conversion

Valentin Perrelle valentin.perrelle at orange.fr
Mon Aug 1 12:00:49 CEST 2011

> All of that sounds sounds.  But at what point were you trying to
> register a to-python converter?  It sounded like you were trying to do
> that before importing the module, and since a to-python converter is
> by definition C++, I didn't understand how you could do it in a Python
> script before importing the module.

I'm registering the converter by calling the boost::python::import
function in C++ code. I don't know any other way to do that.

Now, this give me another error. I'm trying to implement a "reload
script" feature. I thought that all i had to do was to call Py_Finalize,
then Py_Initialize again, and to remove any references i was holding to
wrapping classes. But whenever i'm importing my extension again, i get
the runtime error:

Assertion failed: slot->m_to_python == 0, file
libs\python\src\converter\registry.cpp, line 212

which means my to_python converter have been registered once again. Is
there a way to unregister them ? should i find a to not initialize the
extension again ?