[C++-sig] New Major-Release Boost.Python Development

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 26 01:26:52 CEST 2011

Hi Jim,

CC to Dave.

This is great news.
My main interests have been stability and not increasing the memory
footprint of boost.python extensions. I'm not in a position to further
develop boost.python.
Troy and Ravi have done a significant amount of work. I hope they will
comment for themselves.
I'd prefer if developments stayed under the boost umbrella, e.g. as
boost/python/v3, but I don't feel very strongly about this.

Ralf