[C++-sig] Status of Numpy support in boost python - II

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 22:44:09 CET 2011

----- Original Message ----

Boost.Python's existing numpy array support has been working all the time. It
sounds like you are expecting new functionality. Could you be more specific?

FWIW: recently I've added C++ copies between numpy arrays and the scitbx array
library. You can find the implementation in this directory:

http://cctbx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cctbx/trunk/scitbx/array_family/boost_python/

Look for numpy_bridge.hpp and numpy_bridge.cpp.
You'll need something like this for other array libraries.
Since there is no C++ "std" multi-dimensional array type it is difficult for
Boost.Python to provide more support than it does currently.

Ralf