[C++-sig] Status of Numpy support in boost python - II

Jim Bosch talljimbo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:35:11 CET 2011

On 01/04/2011 05:34 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
> I'm interested in the ndarray http://code.google.com/p/ndarray package.
>
> I still need to figure out how to get it to compile against my customized boost
> installation in a non-standard location.
>
> Unfortunately, trying to build the 'test' results in ICE in
> gcc-4.5.1-4.fc14.x86_64 (reported upstream)

Hmm.  I haven't seen that, but I also haven't tried gcc 4.5 yet.
Unfortunately, you've caught me in a busy week, but I'll make an effort
to try gcc 4.5 (and boost 1.45) as soon as I can.

Hopefully I can at least come up with a simple test case to help the gcc
people out.

In the meantime, if you just do "scons ndarray-test", do you still get
the crash?  That should exercise the same code that seems to be giving
gcc trouble without any Python involvement.

Jim