[C++-sig] Status of Numpy support in boost python - II

Jim Bosch talljimbo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:51:49 CET 2011

On 01/04/2011 11:35 AM, Jim Bosch wrote:
> On 01/04/2011 05:34 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I'm interested in the ndarray http://code.google.com/p/ndarray package.
>>
>> I still need to figure out how to get it to compile against my
>> customized boost
>> installation in a non-standard location.
>>
>> Unfortunately, trying to build the 'test' results in ICE in
>> gcc-4.5.1-4.fc14.x86_64 (reported upstream)

Update: this is a known regression in gcc 4.5, and it looks like there's
nothing I can do about it except work around it and wait for a fix to
gcc.  With that in mind, ndarray now disables some functionality
(mathematical and comparison operators, but not including assignment and
augmented assignment) when compiled with gcc 4.5.

I have also updated the build system for both ndarray and
Boost.Python.Numpy so one can specify additional include and library
directories on the command line (see "scons --help" for more info).
Neal, this should now be preferred to the SConstruct edit I suggested
earlier.

Jim