[C++-sig] GSoC 2011 proposal for improved NumPy wrapper ?

Praveen Kumar praveen97uma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:20:04 CET 2011

Hi !
I am Praveen Kumar pursuing Integrated M.Sc in Applied Mathematics at IIT
Roorkee, India. One the very first day when
the list of selected organisations was released, I wanted to work on this
project on improving the NumPy wrapper in Boost.Python.
I even read the discussions on the mailing lists regarding increasing the
limited support of numpy.ndarray. Stefan was talking something
about the need of raw pointers and limited support because  of no support of
multi-dimensional arrays in C++. My knowledge of STL is 3/5
and I am good at python. I have never used smart pointers because I never
felt the need of it. I use version control systems but not subversion.
Since, It is my first time at GSoC, I was a bit hesitant to drop my
willingness to code for this project in the mailing list.