[C++-sig] Fwd: [personal] boost-python: linking external libries results in unresolved symbols

Uwe uschmitt at mineway.de
Tue May 3 17:07:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a problem building an python extension module with several external
shared libraries.
My Jamroot file looks like this:

use-project boost
      : C:/boost_1_42_0 ;

project boost-python-quickstart
  : requirements <library>/boost/python//boost_python
  ;
import python ;

lib openms
  :
  : <name>OpenMS
  ;

lib xerces
  :
  : <name>xerces-c_3_0
  ;

lib qtcore
  :
  : <name>QtCore4
  ;

python-extension pyms
  : wrapper.cpp
  :
  <include>../OpenMS/include/
  <include>C:/Qt/4.7.2/include
  <include>../OpenMS/contrib/src/xerces-c-r806068/src/
  <include>C:/Qt/4.7.2/include/QtCore/
  <include>../OpenMS/contrib/include/
  <library>openms
  <library>xerces
  <library>qtcore
  ;

install convenient_copy
  : pyms
  : <install-dependencies>on <install-type>SHARED_LIB
<install-type>PYTHON_EXTENSION
  <location>.
  ;

Building with "bjam toolset=msvc" works fine. I'm using Visual Studio 10
Express.

But loading of the Python module fails due to unresolved symbols.

When I use Dependency Walker for investigating the generated module, I get
the information,
that QtCore4 and xerxes libs have an unresolved "Parent import" of
__Py_NoneStruct.

Can anybody help me ? My knowledge about Windows internals is quite
limited.

Regards, Uwe

--

Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt
Forschung & Entwicklung Mathematik

mineway GmbH
Gebäude 4
Im Helmerswald 2
66121 Saarbrücken

Telefon: +49 (0)681 8390 5334
Telefax: +49 (0)681 830 4376

uschmitt at mineway.de
www.mineway.de

Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Mathias Bauer
Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 12339

uschmitt at mineway.de
www.mineway.de