[C++-sig] How to define a Python metaclass with Boost.Python?

Paul-Cristian Manta paulc.mnt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:16:25 CET 2012

The Python C API has the `PyObject *PyType_Type` object, which is
equivalent to `type` in the interpreter. If I want to define a metaclass in
C++, how can I set `type` as one of its bases in Boost.Python? Also, what
other things should I take into consideration when defining a Python
metaclass in C++? It'd be ideal if there was a Boost.Python solution to
this. If not, a solution that uses the Python C API (or a combination of
Boost and the C API) is good as well.