[C++-sig] Question on the development of Boost Python

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Sun May 13 20:31:55 CEST 2012

On 05/13/2012 05:18 AM, Michele De Stefano wrote:
> I've read a recent post by Jim Bosch saying that the original
> developers of Boost Python are not going to upgrade it for supporting
> C++11 standard libraries.

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by "supporting C++ 11" ?
Specifically, in what way is it not supported right now ?

> So I simply would like to understand if this great library is going to
> die or if it is kept up to date by someone else.

Implying that it is "going to die" simply because it isn't changed to
support C++ 11 features is quite a stretch, don't you think ?

How many compilers exist right now that fully support C++ 11 ? And how
many users exist who are willing to switch at this point in time ?

    Stefan