[C++-sig] numpy integration with boost.python

heroxbd at gmail.com heroxbd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:55:09 CET 2013

Dear all,

heroxbd at gmail.com writes:

> This is a cross post of stackoverflow[0].
>
>   [0]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20376021/exchange-numpy-array-with-boost-python-pyublas-or-boost-numpy

Feedback as a happy user. Jim has answered on stackoverflow. I decided
to go with Boost.NumPy.

And thanks Neal for sharing with your experience.

The array data needs not to be copied anymore, giving a 2000-sized array
exposing to Python 1000x faster than iteration- over-elements scheme.

I had tens of such arrays to maintain. Too tedious to do it manually. So
I made a patch against Py++ SVN trunk[1]. I think Roman is in this
list. Could you please review it?

Jim, thanks again! I hope boost.python v3 is going on well.

Cheers,
Benda

1. https://sourceforge.net/p/pygccxml/patches/2/