[C++-sig] to_python converter and make_getter

Michael Wild themiwi at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 22 22:18:31 CET 2013

Dear all

I have defined a to_python converter following
http://misspent.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/how-to-write-boost-python-converters.
Everything is fine and dandy, however what bugs me is having to specify
a return_value_policy<return_by_value>() for every make_getter call.
Looking through the sources it seems that I should be able to tell
make_getter what the default policy should be by somehow specializing
default_member_getter_policy and default_datum_getter_policy. However,
is this the right way to go, or should I attack the problem at a lower
level, e.g. by specializing default_getter_by_ref? Or should I directly
specialize make_getter?

Michael