[C++-sig] Bugs in the Boost.Python tutorial example

Jim Bosch jbosch at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Nov 17 22:50:34 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Michael Rolle <m at rolle.name> wrote:

> Are you the one responsible for maintaining / bug fixing for
> Boost.Python?  Or would I assume someone else will see my post and act on
> it?  Actually, what I want to know is how I report bugs to whomever will
> fix them.

To my knowledge, the answer to this question is actually a rather unhappy
one - I'm not sure anyone is currently maintaining Boost.Python.  I think
there may still be general Boost devs who will fix critical bugs,
especially if the bug report is accompanied by a patch, but there are a lot
of stale tickets in the issue tracker (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost),
and I don't know of anyone who really feels any strong ownership of the
library at this stage.  I've thought about stepping up to do some of it
myself, but given that my day job now involves working with Swig (even
though I prefer Boost.Python), it's just not something I can do.

I'd love to be corrected by anyone on this list who can say otherwise, of
course.

Jim