[C++-sig] subprocess fork() sometimes hangs when called from within boost::python::exec_file

Peter Schüller schueller.p at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:05:32 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Stefan Ring <stefanrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Stefan Ring <stefanrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> See also <http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=5893>. Maybe
>> RedHat's bugfix never made it into mainline, or the problem
>> reappeared.
>
> Completely unrelated to boost::python, but I guess you could just
> block the SIGPROF signal before forking and unblock it afterwards. The
> RHEL 5 kernel has apparently been patched with some sort of
> workaround, but this has not made it into mainline or the later RHEL
> branches.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem anymore on the computer
it originally happened (on my other computer it never happened).

I noticed that I compiled with -pg which seems to be the reason for
the profiling signals that might prevent fork() to succeed.

So if someone else has the same problem, removing -pg from the
compilation might be sufficient to fix the problem.

Thank you for the support!
Peter

--
Peter SCHÜLLER, Assistant Professor Dr
Marmara University, Computer Engineering Department