[C++-sig] Python support in boost::python (what version)

Jones, Torrin A (US) torrin.jones at baesystems.com
Thu May 16 15:43:30 EDT 2019

What version of python does boost::python officially support?  I noticed in the python build file (see link below), it will only find from version 1.5 to 3.4.  Does this mean that boost python really only supports up to 3.4?  Folks do appear to be using other versions, but the fact that this only goes to 3.4 leads me to believe that is as far as it's been tested.  Is that right?

What are the official versions?  Is there any documentation that says that?

https://github.com/boostorg/build/blob/develop/src/tools/python.jam#L401