[C++-sig] Python support in boost::python (what version)

Jones, Torrin A (US) torrin.jones at baesystems.com
Mon May 20 11:20:29 EDT 2019

Anything above version 2.2
OK, I understand what you are saying below, but there seems to be a little bit more to this . . .

Example: This was fixed in boost-1.67.0.  So in theory, nothing below boost python 1.67.0 supports Python 3.7.  I guess I didn't ask about older versions of boost python though.

https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/660487c43fde76f3e64f1cb2e644500da92fe582

For clarity, my boss is asking, "what version of python does boost python support?"  I was hoping there was some kind of table or something, but I guess the answer is something like, "It supports whatever version of python was out at the time that boost python was released?"  And then we can go back and look at release dates.  LOL.

Ex: boost python 1.66.0 was released/tagged on Nov 17, 2017.  Python 3.6.3 was released on Oct 3, 2017.  Python 3.6.4 was released on Dec 19. 2017.  So in theory boost python 1.66.0 has support for Python 3.6.3, but does not have support for Python 3.6.4.  I know that's ludicrous but, I work in the corporate world so here we are.

There isn't another question here, but if you have any other thoughts on this please reply.