[C++-sig] Getting simple boost.python extension to work outside the test scripts - HELP!

stefan stefan at seefeld.name
Wed May 22 14:06:38 EDT 2019

On 2019-05-22 1:55 p.m., Andrew Voelkel wrote:

> What magic is the boost environment performing to make this work? What
> can I do to make my python extensions look for libboost_python37.dylib
> in the location where it lives?

Boost.Build does inject a variety of paths into the system-specific path
variable (I believe on MacOS that would be DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH) such that
test executables can locate any shared libs they require.

But I also remember having seen cases where some OSX releases
specifically would prevent that mechanism from working due to some
security concerns. I'm not a Mac user, so all of this is second-hand
information.

Best,

Stefan