[Cryptography-dev] First release -- asymmetric?

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 00:01:34 CET 2013

Hey all,

What do people think of the idea of us doing our first release without
having any asymmetric support?

The motivation here would be to allow us to get our initial release out
sooner, addressing the following concerns:

- pyOpenSSL! (specifically on PyPy)
- Crypto on py3k and on PyPy
- GCM support
- A safe recipe for symmetric encryption.

What do folks think about this idea?
Alex

GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084