[Cryptography-dev] Bundling OpenSSL

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Tue Oct 8 00:28:46 CEST 2013

Am 07.10.2013 23:56, schrieb Zooko Wilcox-OHearn:
> I personally wouldn't recommend OpenSSL, because its source code is
> a mess and it has a bad reputation among cryptographers who've
> looked at it (by which I mean Matt Green).

Everybody who had laid eyes on the source code of OpenSSL shares
Matt's opinion. I also share the same opinion. It's aweful, bad and
hard to use.

But Matt Green also says that OpenSSL is probably the best library for
SSL because it is widely used and supported by lots and lots of
people. GnuTLS and NSS are not used as much as OpenSSL.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6np_oKVCk :)

Christian