[Cryptography-dev] Criteria for first release?

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Oct 25 20:51:24 CEST 2013

> > * CommonCrypto backend
>
> The CommonCrypto backend can probably wait for a subsequent release.
> If we did decide we wanted it to be part of an initial release we would need
> to prioritize getting a test infrastructure outside of Travis up and running so
> we can run OS X tests.

As a side note, I'm working on this. There is a team inside Rackspace that has a small mac mini farm they use for testing builds. I'm trying to get us a VM on it so we can use it to test. Failing that, I'll go get us one of those fancy new trashcans or something to use for automated builds.

We started talking a bit on IRC about OS packing for cryptography. I'd like to offer up some space on the Rackspace pub cloud to do this. We should be able to have a Jenkins instance that farms out to various build slaves for building and testing packages. Besides the OSX one above, we should be able to cover most / all major distros. The full list is below if anyone is interested. We can add anything that's missing of course.

Do we think this is the right approach? I'm not wild about using both Travis and Jenkins, but I don't think there is a way to have Travis build off of remote build slaves and it only offers Ubuntu and OSX backends right now. Anyway, if we like the Jenkins approach I'll go get us the Cloud account and get it set up.

Jarret

Arch 2013.9
CentOS 5.9
CentOS 6.4
Debian 6.06 (Squeeze)
Debian 7 (Wheezy)
Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow)
Fedora 19 (Schrodinger's Cat)
FreeBSD 9.1
Gentoo 13.3
OpenSUSE 12.3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4
Scientific Linux 6.4
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail)
Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander)
Vyatta Network OS 6.5R2
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (base install without updates)
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + SharePoint 2010 Foundation with SQL Server 2008 R2 Express
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + SharePoint 2010 Foundation with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 Standard
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 Web
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + SQL Server 2012 SP1 Standard
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + SQL Server 2012 SP1 Web
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 (base install without updates)
Windows Server 2012 + SharePoint 2013 with SQL Server 2012 SP1 Standard
Windows Server 2012 + SQL Server 2012 SP1 Standard
Windows Server 2012 + SQL Server 2012 SP1 Web