[Cryptography-dev] Cryptography 0.4 Release Schedule

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:38:34 CEST 2014

We’re discussing longer term release strategies in the release cadences thread, but we’ve also got a large backlog of work that is sitting in master unreleased right now so it’s time to talk about a 0.4 release (which I’ve previously volunteered to manage).

The release milestone (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues?milestone=4&page=1&state=open) has an up-to-date view of the remaining issues blocking release, but here’s a bullet list for posterity.

* RSA encryption support (PR currently under review)
* DSA verification (WIP PR)
* DSA signing
* Key serialization (this will probably only be TraditionalOpenSSL aka PKCS1-ish loading/serializing)

I think we can probably close these items out and get a release out next week. If you think something else belongs in the release let me know or add the issue/PR to it.

General list of new stuff for 0.4 that has already landed:

* RSA decryption (OAEP, PKCS1v15)
* SEED support
* CMAC support
* DSA key generation, interfaces
* Many new OpenSSL bindings (ECDSA, NPN, CMS, etc). Some of these are very useful for PyOpenSSL and other downstream projects that need things we don’t offer in hazmat at this time.

-Paul