[Cryptography-dev] PyCA cryptography 0.5 released!

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:25:22 CEST 2014

On behalf of all the contributors to PyCA cryptography I’m pleased to announce that version 0.5 has been released and is now available on PyPI. This release encompasses 497 commits from 140 separate pull requests.

A few major changes of note:

* OpenSSL is now bundled in our Windows wheels to improve the install experience on that platform.
* Elliptic curve support was added.
* The asymmetric key handling was reworked to allow backend specific key representation. This was done to support a wider variety of backends with varying capabilities in the future.

You can see the full changelog here: https://cryptography.io/en/latest/changelog/

Master will be reopening shortly for development on the sixth release.