[Csv] PEP 305

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Apr 10 15:33:44 CEST 2003

    Noah> This is great. This has my vote. Probably half of my projects have
    Noah> a CSV parser somewhere.  For better or worse, I use CSV files far
    Noah> more than I use XML. A built-in CSV parser just makes sense.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  The csv code is now in the Python CVS
repository.  I need to check in one itty bitty change (to hoist the contents
of the csv.csv module to the top level) and then I think the API is set.
Barring an highly unlikely change of heart by the BDFL the csv package will
be in 2.3.

Skip