various CVS references

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Tue Jan 28 18:02:06 CET 2003

> From: Skip Montanaro [mailto:skip at pobox.com]
>
>     Kevin> Just for reference some Google searches of "cvs spec" "comma
>     Kevin> separated values" and some other variants produced
>
> Much appreciated.  I will incorporate some of them into the PEP.

All this was just for reference sake so we have a better idea of current
practice in other languages. I have an email out to a .NET guru friend just
to see if MS has documented any better CSV as it relates to .NET methods in
various products.

I think we already understand the problem domain better than most and
realize that handling the MS format for both import and export out of the
gate is crucial for a standard lib.

ka