[CSV] Re: First Cut at CSV PEP

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Wed Jan 29 01:04:32 CET 2003

>>  Interesting point.  I think that newlines inside records are going
>> to be the same as those separating records.  Anything else would be
>> very bizarre.

Andrew> You should know better than to make a statement like that
Andrew> where Microsoft is concerned. Excel uses a single LF within
Andrew> fields, but CRLF at the end of lines. If you import a field
Andrew> containing CRLF, the CR appears within the field as a box (the
Andrew> "unprintable character" symbol).

Touche :-)

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au