[CSV] Re: First Cut at CSV PEP

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Wed Jan 29 04:20:44 CET 2003

skip> The table suggests that Excel cares about Windows and Mac line
skip> endings, so we should allow that to be a user-specified option.
skip> Unfortunately, that means we have to tell people to open files
skip> in binary mode, since they will be passing open file objects.
skip> Doesn't seem very clean to me.  Any ideas?

Failing to open a file in binary mode is already a gotcha in Python.
If someone wants to force a particular end of line in the writer then
they must be prepared to open the file in binary mode.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au