[Csv] PEP 305

Roberto Bonato robonato at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 3 16:16:51 CEST 2003

Dave Cole wrote:

>Is there any documentation for the file format that would suggest some
>pre-processing that could be performed to transform the two character
>"quote char" into a single character?
>
>- Dave

This data was produces by an Activex Control that you can download (if
you have Internet Explorer) at the following url:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/common/finderpro.asp

It downloads data about stocks that you select according to user
criteria, then I used the "export toward excel" function. The (poor)
result is what I've sent you, I don't think this correpond to a
particular standard. I was mislead to believe that because I wrongly
interpreted the meaning of the "doublequote" flag in the csv module.

Thanks to everybody for your help.

Roberto