[Csv] [Fwd: Re: [Docutils-develop] Re: "csv-table" directive added]

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Mon Jul 5 01:42:31 CEST 2004

>I'm working on a pure-Python backport of the csv module.  I do it for my
>private needs and for docutils (which recently added a csv-table
>directive), so I'm targetting Python 2.1 and up.  A quick check of the
>PEP and Python's CVS suggests that the module was never prototyped in
>pure Python.  Is this correct?  Is there some pure-Python code (even if
>not entirely up-to-date) that could save me work?

No, there was never a pure python implementation of the parser. The parser
was developed specifically to provide a faster alternative to pure python
CSV parsers that were floating around at the time.. 8-)

This is the original "News" page for the ancestor of the current module:

    http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/csv/news.html

http://www.object-craft.com.au/