[Cython] CEP: prange for parallel loops

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Apr 5 15:10:55 CEST 2011

Tue, 05 Apr 2011 12:55:36 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>             # Assignment to non-private variables causes a compile-time
>             # error; this avoids common mistakes, such as forgetting to
>             # declare the reduction variable.
>             alpha += 42
>             alpha123 = 9
>             ptr = 94

Actually, I'm not sure this is absolutely necessary -- life is tough,
especially if you are programming in parallel, and there are limits to

However, an explicit declaration could be added for turning the error off
for the (rare) cases where this makes sense (e.g. setting a shared flag)

	cdef cython.parallel.shared[double] some_flag

Pauli Virtanen