[Cython] prange CEP updated

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Tue Apr 5 22:29:29 CEST 2011

I've done a pretty major revision to the prange CEP, bringing in a lot
of the feedback.

Thread-private variables are now split in two cases:

  i) The safe cases, which really require very little technical
knowledge -> automatically inferred

  ii) As an advanced feature, unsafe cases that requires some knowledge
of threading -> must be explicitly declared

I think this split simplifies things a great deal.

I'm rather excited over this now; this could turn out to be a really
user-friendly and safe feature that would not only allow us to support
OpenMP-like threading, but be more convenient to use in a range of
common cases.

http://wiki.cython.org/enhancements/prange
<http://wiki.cython.org/enhancements/prange#preview>

Dag Sverre