[Cython] Cython paper in Computing in Science & Engineering

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Thu Apr 7 07:54:31 CEST 2011

On 04/07/2011 02:12 AM, Robert Bradshaw wrote:
>>> Is this the canonical citation reference for Cython now?  If so, can this be
>>> mentioned on the Cython webpage somewhere that is prominent enough to be
>>> found?
>> On a related note, would it be possible to post a preprint somewhere
>> that isn't behind a paywall? If that's allowed, I would be delighted
>> to share the preprint with friends to introduce them to Cython.
> Yes, I think we can post the pre-print, though I'm opposed to making
> this the "canonical citation" just because of this paywall.

Is this for ideological or practical reasons?

This is probably the only paper in a "real" journal for some time, and
citations are going to boost the authors' citation counts. Nobody would
actually look up the citation anyway simply to learn about Cython,
they'd just Google it. So unless we're trying to hide the existence of
the paper, I think we should make it the default citation until there's
something better.

Next time we've got anything to share in a paper, let's do it here:

http://www.openresearchcomputation.com/

Although that wasn't around when we started writing the paper.

Posting the pre-print is a matter of making the necesarry references
within it and formatting it.

http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/search.php?jrule=ISSN&search=1521-9615
<http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/search.php?jrule=ISSN&search=1521-9615>

I'll fix it and post a link later today.

Dag Sverre