[Cython] GSoC Proposal - Reimplement C modules in CPython's standard library in Cython.

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Fri Apr 8 10:50:45 CEST 2011

Looking better. I would add some details about how you plan to
compare/profile your new implementations, and also at least add a note
that compatibility will be ensured with the Python regression tests.

It may make sense to let the exact list of modules be somewhat
flexible, for example, based on feedback from the Python and Cython
community on what would be the most worthwhile to Cythonize. Maybe the
final milestone would be "re-implement several additional modules as
chosen by the Python community to provide maximum value" or something
like that.

- Robert