[Cython] Incompatibility with numpy-1.5.1 - fixed in master?!

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Fri Apr 15 19:57:21 CEST 2011

On 04/15/2011 06:45 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> On 15 April 2011 11:20, Yury V. Zaytsev<yury at shurup.com>  wrote:
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> I have just ran into buffer protocol incompatibility problem with
>> numpy-1.5.1, which lead me to discover the following ticket (discussed
>> back in December 2010 on this list):
>>
>> http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/630
>>
>> In despair, I was about to try to see if there is anything I can do to
>> fix it myself. To this end I cloned your git repository and set up my
>> Python environment to use the latest bleeding edge version from there.
>>
>> To my surprise I discovered that my code started working and I don't
>> have the buffer interface problem that I was facing before anymore.
>>
>> So my suggestion would be to maybe test it more thoroughly and if it is
>> indeed the case, close the ticket. I tried to subscribe to it or leave a
>> comment, but I need an account which I can't register on my own.
>>

> I'm opposed to close the ticket. Cython cannot currently parse format
> strings according to the full spec. It worked for you just because of
> some quick fixes I've pushed for simple cases.

Pauli Virtanen fixed this and there's a pull request here:

https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/17

I'll get to it in a couple of days if nobody beats me to it.

BTW, did anyone figure out how to get emailed on pull requests? (Yes, I
checked off all the "send me email" boxes etc., we were talking about
this during the workshop -- it seems that org admins can't subscribe...)

DS