[Cython] Cython 0.15 release candidate

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Tue Aug 2 08:28:25 CEST 2011

On 08/02/2011 07:44 AM, Vitja Makarov wrote:
> 2011/8/2 Robert Bradshaw<robertwb at math.washington.edu>:
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
>> <arfrever.fta at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Cython-0.15rc1.tar.gz contains tests/imports/cimport_on_import.srctree, which was
>>> absent in Cython-0.15rc0.tar.gz and is absent on https://github.com/cython/cython.
>>> The test from this file fails:
>>
>> And this is why I should always make sdists in a clean client...
>> Thanks for catching this. A clean tarball is up at
>> http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.15rc2.tar.gz . (I also took a quick
>> look at what's been pushed since rc1, and they all look like safe
>> changes worth getting in.)
>>

> Maybe it's better to use "git archive"?

If it's only about creating a tarball, then 'git tag' (or, I assume, a
commit hash) will suffice -- GitHub automatically tarballs for you:

https://github.com/cython/cython/tarball/0.15rc2

However I believe sdist does some more stuff (generates some files
before tarballing or similar); although as I don't know the specifics I
can't tell you whether we need to do it for Cython. E.g., for libraries
written in Cython one could hook sdist to Cythonize to C files; of
course, with Cython we bootstrap instead so that's not an issue.

Dag Sverre