[Cython] Class scope lookup order

Vitja Makarov vitja.makarov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:56:42 CEST 2011

2011/8/15 Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>:
> Vitja Makarov, 15.08.2011 19:11:
>>
>> I think I'm done with the issue and if you don't mind I'll push that.
>>

>> https://github.com/vitek/cython/commit/b4a0493efbae68b30d54f0c58311c71465d57d43
>
> Could you please use a .py file for the test instead of a .pyx file? It's
> worth comparing the result to CPython automatically. Also, please let the
> test classes inherit from object to make them new style classes in Py2.
>
> Apart from that, the implementation looks good.

Here it is:

https://github.com/vitek/cython/commit/6701884a37b982f78f9af423857b0c47c2d76867

CPython NameError is more verbose ''name '%s' is not defined" so I
used ellipsis. Probably we should change name error message someday.

What the difference between old-style and new-style classes for this tests?

--
vitja.