[Cython] Entry.utility_code_definitions vs. Entry.utility_code

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Aug 21 12:31:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

is there a reason for having the two?

The "uc_definition" is set to instances of "CythonUtilityCode" in
UtilityCode.py, whereas the other is used to keep references to
"UtilityCode" instances, but both inject their code in the same way, it
appears. The first also has dedicated support in the pipeline, whereas
support for the latter is spread across the syntax tree nodes.

It seems cleaner to me to use the first approach, i.e. to simply walk all
used entries at some late point in the pipeline and to inject their utility
code, rather than to leave that responsibility to each node that uses them.

Anything I misunderstood here? If not, any objections to merging the latter
into the first?