[Cython] pyregr testsuite regression

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Aug 23 06:41:54 CEST 2011

Vitja Makarov, 23.08.2011 06:26:
> Hudson shows regression for last 4 pyregr builds.

Yes, I enabled the "always_allow_keywords" option for better Python
compatibility, which disables the signature optimisation into METH_O &
friends for def functions. That helped in a couple of cases but broke
others. The regression appears to be mostly because generator expressions
do not work with this option:

http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/720

CyFunction may or may not drop the need for that option eventually, but for
now, it would be good to fix it.

I also wouldn't object to switching it off again, in case it's not an easy
fix (I tried but didn't find the right place to fix it).