[Cython] Bug in CPython?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Aug 31 16:26:07 CEST 2011

Vitja Makarov, 31.08.2011 16:11:
> 2011/8/31 Stefan Behnel:
>> Vitja Makarov, 31.08.2011 15:04:
>>>
>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr-py27-c/795/
>>>
>>> It seems that crash was caused by change in cpython repo.
>>
>> Without having looked into this any deeper, that was my impression as well
>> when I saw it.
>
> It seems to be fixed here
> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/4aa00f465b4f/
>
> How often does jenkins update py27-hg target?

The CPython builds are updated once a day. You can also see that from the
build history of those jobs.

I prefer keeping the CPython build rates low to avoid unnecessary builds.
CPython tends to have a much higher churn rate than Cython, simply due to
the size of the code base and the number of people working on it.

Since we only build once in 24h, it happens from time to time that the
build jobs pick up a broken revision for a day or two, but it rarely takes
longer than that to fix on their side, at least for something as obvious as
a crash in the test suite.