[Cython] hg-git shows 25 heads?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jul 7 21:06:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:10:30 +0200, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
[clip]
> 5 minutes of Googling didn't turn up anything... Do you think it would
> be a bad idea to simply delete these branches, something like
>
> git push origin :refs/*

That drops *all* branches -- not recommended :)

As far as I see,

	git push origin :refs/pull/*

should not break anything. However, depending on how the stuff is set
up on the Github side, either the merge button stops working (would be
an improvement to the state of matters, IMHO), or alternatively,
the branches come back immediately whenever someone views pull requests.

So I don't think doing this would help much. Maybe best to ask the Github
guys what the heck is their creation doing here, and try to see if hg-git
can be made to work properly.

	Pauli