[Cython] Strange cimport behaviour

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Thu Jul 21 06:34:06 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/7/16 Lars Buitinck <L.J.Buitinck at uva.nl>:
>> 2011/7/15 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com>:
>>> I've found strange bug. In my example cimport misses "fcntl.h" include:
>>>
>>> ((c2f2e12...)) vitja at vitja-laptop:~/work/cython-vitek/zzz$ cat ./fff.pyx
>>> cimport posix.unistd
>>> cimport posix.fcntl
>>>
>>> print posix.fcntl.O_RDWR
>>
>> Fascinating; I can reproduce the error (on Scientific Linux 5.5), but
>> it goes away when I reverse the order of the includes.
>>

> What's about this issue? Is that easy to fix before release or it's
> better to create a ticket?

I'm not sure what we can do here--we make sure to emit the #include
statements in the same order as they are encountered in the Cython
sources because C is sensitive to this kind of thing, but we can't
really "fix" C. I suppose we could cimport posix.fcntl from within
posix.unistd to force an ordering.

- Robert