[Cython] Utility Codes and templates

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Jul 22 15:04:12 CEST 2011

Dag Sverre Seljebotn, 22.07.2011 13:54:
> On 07/22/2011 01:10 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> I'm fine with using a template engine for the more involved cases (which
>> are rare enough). However, I'd prefer not adding a new dependency, but
>> just shipping a tiny single-module engine with Cython, e.g. Templite or
>> pyratemp (just found them, never used them).
>
> BTW, I don't think anybody is suggesting having an *external* dependency
> that users would need to go fetch themselves....that would be insane.

Sure. I also don't mind having a small engine in a package, but just
putting a single file in the source tree (and overwriting it with a new
version at need) would be a perfectly small and nonintrusive addition. And
given that there really are engines of that size (one file, <500 lines),
it's not so unrealistic either.

That being said, if you can recommend Tempita (which IMHO qualifies as
"small enough"), I won't object to it.