[Cython] Vitja's CyFunction branch

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Sat Jul 30 18:49:54 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn
<d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no> wrote:
> My opinion is that we create a (short-lived) branch for the release, and
> continue development (ignoring the release) on master.
>
> If CyFunction solves no problems that blocks a release, I am -1 on merging
> it into the release branch.

My thoughts exactly. I was initially wanting to get it in, but it was
to substantial of a change to drop in at the last moment.

> But we shouldn't keep things in pull requests
> just because we're waiting for a release, it is better to use a dedicated
> release branch.

+1. The only reason I haven't pushed a release branch is that last
time I did that it kept getting the mainline development pulled into
it (I think accidentally getting rid of mercurial heads). To be clear,
don't let a pending release prevent us from merging stuff into
main--I'll be careful when I make the next RC to make sure it's all
conservative.

- Robert