[Cython] Multiple modules in one compilation unit

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:11:14 CET 2011

On 2 March 2011 08:35, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Dag Sverre Seljebotn, 02.03.2011 11:54:
>> Problem is that Fortran code often has...interesting...programming
>> practices. Global variables abound, and are often initialised between
>> modules. Imagine:
>> settings_mod.set_alpha(0.34)
>> print compute_mod.get_alpha_squared()
>> This behaves quite differently with two static versions rather than one...
> Then I'd suggest always linking dynamically.

And where are you going to put your fortran shared libraries? Dynamic
linking details varies wildly across platforms... I'm very much
understand Dag's use case and concerns, and I do think that some
research in all this is worth it.

Lisandro Dalcin
Predio CONICET-Santa Fe
Colectora RN 168 Km 472, Paraje El Pozo