[Cython] 'with gil:' statement

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:56:18 CET 2011

On 16 March 2011 20:16, mark florisson <markflorisson88 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> From a first look, the test file you added seems far too short. I would
>>> expect that this feature requires a lot more testing in combination with
>>> declared and undeclared local variables, type inference, several exception
>>> raising and catching situations (e.g. raise in one block, catch in an outer
>>> block, try-finally, ...) or looping. It may also have an impact on Vitja's
>>> control flow analysis branch that's worth considering.
>>
>> I agree. I think I'll start a branch and work on some more tests.
>
> I also have to adjust the function teardown locking. I'll start a
> branch and report back if I get positive results.

I added more tests, the code can be found in this fork:
https://github.com/markflorisson88/cython .
There is currently no compile-time checking for exceptions that might
be swallowed, it still works in the same way as normal cdef functions
with a non-object return type. Should we issue warnings for such cases
instead of relying on the implicit swallow-and-print, as Dag
suggested?